Basics of Inner Meditation – 1:30 to 2:30pm, each week
Fee: $0-10 sliding scale
Inner meditation is a particularly beneficial practice. You look at, listen to, and concentrate on the insides of you own self by applying few basic techniques in concert, such as good body posture, proper breathing methods, relaxation, and mental power. It brings all your attention inward and circulates energy flows inside your body. This contrasts to some meditation styles that require music or imagination of external images.
Bringing all attention inward triggers profound changes in the body and the brain. It develops and improves our energy flow, also known as qi (pronounce chee). The development of qi within your own body enhances health, generates a sense of calm and well-being, and replenishes inner energy reserves. Furthermore, it develops awareness and consciousness based on improved body conditions, and this leads you along on a path of spiritual enlightenment.
In this class, we will guide you through inner meditation practices step by step, so that you will be able to practice on your own after class. The class is about one hour, but your own practice session may range from 15 to 30 minutes like most beginners.
Meditation Retreat – 2:30pm to 6:30pm, each week except the third Sunday of a month
Fee: $0-20 sliding scale
This retreat is for experienced meditation practitioners who want to have a prolonged period of time to develop their body and mind. The idea is to create an environment in which you may merge into deep meditation states, discover and enjoy profound connections inside you and the universe. Please read the following instructions before RSVPing.
• The entire retreat runs for about 4 hours. It consists of 4 sessions with each being 40 minutes followed by a 20-minute break.
• The first session starts at 2:45pm, and the next three sessions start at 3:45pm, 4:45pm, and 5:45pm, respectively.
• We start with body stretch at 2:30pm as warm-up for upcoming sessions.
• We ring a bell at the start and end of each session. We also ring a bell two minutes before the start of a session so that you can go to your mat in time.
• Please make every effort to keep your meditation states during breaks. You may walk, practice yoga, or stretch to release tension or soreness in your body, but these activities should not interrupt your meditation.
• If you do not want to take a break, then feel free to continue your practice during the break. We purposely make this a retreat environment to minimize interruptions and distractions.
• We suggest you to bring and use your eye cover and earplugs to turn this retreat into a dark and silent meditation experience. A dark and quiet environment minimizes external sensory stimulus and makes it easy to focus on insides of your body.
• During the retreat please refrain from talking, using a cell phone, reading, etc. because these activities may interrupt your and other people’s meditation.
• If it’s difficult for you to take the entire retreat, say you want to meditate for one session, then we encourage you to join the body stretch and the first session. You can peacefully leave the retreat after the first session.
• You may join a session during a break. Once a session starts, please do not join it. You should wait until it finishes. Then you may join the next session.
• You may leave the retreat during a break. Please do not do it during meditation sessions because it may interrupt other people’s practices.
• Minimum requirement: the minimum length of practice is one session, so you must be able to meditate for 40 minutes.
The Artist’s Way – 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Sliding Scale: $15-$25
This is a year long approach that uses tools from The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron but offers an opportunity to go even deeper. It will start with the Kingdom of Story. The book goes into depth though many ways we sense the world, such as hearing, sight and touch. We will engage in weekly art projects while we share our explorations. You don’t need to be a self-identified artist to participate.
Art Based Grief and Loss Group – 10:30 am to 12:00 noon
Fee: $15-25 sliding scale
This is an opportunity to explore any unresolved grief and loss issues through the creative arts in a safe environment. Explore the five stages of grief that are commonly identified: Denial, Bartering, Anger, Depression and Acceptance. These may or may not occur in any particular order and they may continue to cycle as grief is processed. All levels of artistic experience are welcome, from no experience to self-identified artists.
Reiki/Healing Hands Night – 7 to 9 pm, 2nd Thursday each month
Fee: $20-40 sliding scale
Experience the relaxing and healing benefits of Reiki from a group of certified Reiki practitioners/Reiki Masters. 30 minute sessions available by appointment or walk-ins on first come first serve basis. To schedule an appointment, call 650-569-1276
Ballroom Dance for Couples – 7:30 to 8:30 pm, first Thursday each month
$30 per couple Drop-In
$20 per couple when you purchase a 5-pack
Individual Appointments are Available in:
– Reiki/Healing Hands
– Life Coaching
– Dynamic Alignment